Our paediatric first aid courses meet the standards laid down by Ofsted, EYFS, and SureStart.
The 12-hour paediatric course is suitable for Childminders, Teachers, Nursery workers, Au Pairs, Nannies, School nurse or parents.
12 Hour Paediatric Training Course Content:
- Planning for first aid emergencies
- Dealing with emergencies
- Activating the emergency services and identifying the need to call the EMS
- First aid kits and accident reporting
- Unconscious but breathing (Recovery Position)
- Resuscitation procedures appropriate to the age of the children being cared for
- Adult, infant and child CPR
- Choking and becoming unconscious after choking
- Emergency needs of children with chronic medical conditions:
- Epilepsy, Asthma, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Diabetes
- Meningitis and other serious sudden illnesses
Recognising and Responding Appropriately to:
- Spinal injury
- Injury and illness assessment
- Anaphylactic shock
- Electric shock
- Serious bleeding and minor bleeding
- Nose bleeds
- Foreign objects in the body
- Burns and scalds
- Suspected fractures
- Head, neck and back Injuries
- Cases of poisoning
- Foreign bodies in eyes and noses
- Eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Effects of extreme heat and cold
- Febrile convulsions
Our training providers academy is large enough to accommodate 12 candidates.
The course itself is an ongoing assessment with no end test. This again is proven to help candidates relax during the course and absorb more information. Throughout the training the instructor will demonstrate each section of the course and then the candidates will be expected to complete the task to the required standards.
Throughout the first aid training course the candidates will be expected to complete a theory question paper to ensure learning has taken place. With prior notice the question paper can be given verbally should a candidate have learning or language difficulties.
Once your first aid training has been completed you will receive an email first aid book that will keep you updated for the 3 years your qualification is valid. You will also be given the chance to subscribe to video refreshers that will be sent to you over the 3 years to remind you of how to carry out certain aspects of first aid.
Should you need any more information or if you wish to book a course then please email us at [email protected]