A Quick Guide to the Load Portal...
This guide will show you step-by-step, how the load exchange portal works between haulier / courier and Dispatchers.
It explains how to register and what to do, whether you need a driver to deliver your goods by LGV / HGV, Van, STGO or motorcycle, or you need to fill your vehicle with loads in your area.
Register (Free) and Sign In
Once you have registered and signed in, you may visit the "Load Platform" Portal in the main navigation menu
Welcome to the HGV Alliance Load Exchange Platform!
If you registered with the joint Transport Provider/Dispatcher registration form, you will also notice in the main navigation menu, a drop-down list that allows you to switch between your user accounts.
You need to select which of your user accounts you would like to use.
- Dispatcher View - Post Jobs onto the map for owner operators/couriers to quote on
- Driver View - Privately quote on Jobs
Members who register with the Dispatcher only registration form, will only be able to Post Jobs to drivers, not quote on work.
If you can think of anyone else HGV Alliance.com could be useful for, please point them this way. The more people on the platform, the more jobs that can be fulfilled.
Inside the Portal
Inside the Job Portal, you will land on the "All Jobs" page.
Depending on whether you are in Driver or Dispatcher View, you will see one of either of these set of tabs
- All Jobs - View all available deliveries posted by Dispatchers on the Real Time Interactive Map (RTIM), and in the filterable table below it.
- My Jobs - All of the drivers current jobs are here. Any job that you've had a quote accepted on, will be found here for you to update as you proceed through the journey.
- Completed Jobs - Jobs that have reached "completed" status will move here for your future reference.
- All Jobs - View all available jobs posted by Dispatchers on the Real Time Interactive Map (RTIM), and in the filterable table below it.
- My Jobs - All of the dispatchers active job adverts are here. Any load that you've posted as an advert to the RTIM will be found here for you to track the drivers progress through their journey as they update the status. You will receive the epod details here as well as receive invoices.
- Relist Jobs - Jobs that have reached "completed" status will move here for your future reference. Each job advert is saved as a template in this tab. All details within the advert will auto-fill, with the capability to edit before re-posting for 99p.
- Post Job Button - Post your Load Advertisement to the Platform here.
Advertising a Load on the Platform
When you're ready to advertise a load, ensure you are in dispatcher view, click on the "Post Job" Button and simply fill in the form to Create Job.
Pay Only 99p to Post your Advert to the Platform
Once you post the Job advert, you'll be taken to a payment confirmation screen to confirm that you'd like to proceed to payment
Click Pay Now to proceed to the Secure Worldpay Payment Verification Screens.
Congratulations, you've just posted your first load!
Your Job will now be on the RTIM for Transport Providers to quote on
All Jobs Page
Drivers can filter the list of jobs by using the search panel
Filter by Advert Post Title, Vehicle Type, Post Code or Town/City
You can also sort the Job List columns by Date Order
Location Pins will mark the location of the jobs pick up points on the RTIM
Clicking on the pin will also open up the Job Pick Up Address
Clicking on the job title in the jobs list table, will open up a quick, easy to read, job details pane
This pane provides all the job details. It also provides the Dispatchers details; this links to the dispatchers Profile Page, giving full company details and their rating. It is your responsibility to check out the dispatchers details before placing a quote.
The system will route the job from Job Location Pick Up Address to Job Location Deliver Address giving an approx distance and full directions
Drag the blue route line to adjust the route to one that suits you better
Or you can drag the Pegman onto the map
to check out parts of your route in Street View
Quoting on a Job Advert Post
Once a Transport Provider has found a job on the RTIM and checked out the Dispatcher, simply click the "Quote a Job" button in the job list table and submit a quote
The quoted job will then show in the "My Jobs" tab in the driver view, with a Pending Status:
Dispatchers will find any submitted quotes on their posted job advert in the "My Jobs" tab in dispatcher view. This is where all active jobs will be
Once the dispatcher has clicked on the "View All Quote" button on their selected job, they can accept or decline the quotes they choose.
Once the dispatcher has accepted a quote, the Status of the job will change to "In Progress"
When the driver collects the delivery, they can click the "Collect" button in "My Jobs" to fill in the EPod
After the Collection EPod is completed by the driver, the Collect Job column within "All Jobs" will update.
A "Collect Job" link will appear within the collect job column. This will contain a copy of the EPod.
Once the Driver has delivered the load, they can click on the "Deliver" button within the Collect Job column to fill out the Delivery Epod.
After the Delivery EPod is completed by the driver, the Deliver Job column within "All Jobs" will update.
The driver can now upload an invoice
The Completed Status will now appear to both Driver and Dispatcher
If at any point the dispatcher needs to dispute the job, they can do so by clicking the "Reject" button in the Action column
Remember to review each other! Although, please do so in accordance to the terms and conditions of HGV Alliance
A members average star rating can be found on their "My Account" page.
Remember you can also check a members rating on their profile before you quote/accept a quote.
Once a jobs status is complete and reviews have been left, the jobs will move to "Completed Jobs" in drivers view, and "Relist Jobs" in Dispatchers view.
Relist for 99p
Jobs that have reached "completed" status will move to the "Relist Jobs" tab for your future reference. Each job advert is saved as a template in this tab. By clicking on "Edit & Relist" in the Pay column, all details within the advert will auto-fill, with the capability to edit before re-posting for 99p.